(“Beam” on itself is a project about the “my-ness” of my name. Is it really mine? Or is my name yours. So I am changing my name every 6 month to see what happens…)
An :-)mage of my outer appearance:
http://etextile-summercamp.org/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Foto-del-día-12-02-13-a-las-12.15-2.jpg 720w" sizes="(max-width: 96px) 100vw, 96px" />
Beam is a hybrid, studied astronomy (MSc) and after that (quite logically) autonomous arts (Ba).
- teacher design & technology at http://www.wdka.nl, courses: datavisualisation, hacking of gadgets, design and programming mobile devices, smart textiles, databases for designers, mapping, e-publications, programming, electronics, DIY, and …. cellular automaton knitting on a Brother kh940!
- doing some other 100 things at the same time (only 100?)
“the meaning of my
autonomous life is clear now: exploring datavisualisations of the universe on fashionable wearables.” – Beam said, trying to look very seriously.
Most fun, stimulating and reinforcing was collaborating textily with others (yes that is a paradox: being “autonomous” and happy textiling together)
- teaching smart textiles courses and workshops together with Marina Toeters
- with http://www.by-wire.net/ e-scarf, modularic friends and other projects
- teaching fashion&technology with Meg Grant
- doing a parallel course with Annet Couwenberg, MICA, Baltimore.
- brief but nice: Anja Hertenberger and Meg Grant finalizing the inside of the Exovest at the Nasa Hackathon in Amsterdam this spring.
Images of my latest projects:
Solar Rim dress: http://myfablab.wordpress.com/2013/06/21/solar-rim-dress/
http://etextile-summercamp.org/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/solar-rim-dress-copia-300x268.jpg 300w" sizes="(max-width: 309px) 100vw, 309px" />
http://etextile-summercamp.org/2013/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/35-1024x775.jpg 1024w" sizes="(max-width: 253px) 100vw, 253px" />