This is from a recipe book I have. It is a vegetarian chili, and I make it very often. Since the recipe is in German, I am not reading it very carefully.. by now there are a lot of modification I made. I think the most important part is the combination of the spices..
for 4 person
100g chick peas
100g Red linsen
250g Kidney beans
100g corn (canned)
2 onions, chopped fine
2 stick of celery
600ml tomato can
100ml red wine
6 tea spoon olive oil
vegetable soup stock
2 tea spoon tomato paste
1 tea spoon honey
1/2 table spoon chili powder
1 tea spoon paprika powder
1 tea spoon of ginger powder
1 tea spoon of fenchel powder
1/2 tea spoon of coriander seed
1 fresh chili
few clove of garlic (chopped)
fresh ginger (chopped)
salt and pepper
1. Chop all the vegetables. Sizes and shapes are up to your preference.
2. Mix the spice mix in a bowl.
3. Take big pot and put it on oven top. Add some olive oil, chopped garlic and ginger. When you start to smell good garlic smell, add onion and cook it until it is transparent.
4. Add spice mix in the pan and stir it good. cook the spice for a while.
5. Add rest of the vegetables and stir.
6. Add canned tomato, beans (you can add the water in the can too), tomato paste, honey and wine.
7. Add some water so that there is enough liquid to cook (if it is already liquidy, you do not have to add water). Add vegetable soup stock.
8. Taste it and add salt and pepper as you like.
9. The timing of adding fresh chili depends on how “hot” you want to make. If you cut it, it will be more spicy as well.
10. It is done when all the vegetables are cooked. Check the taste, and make final adjustment. (at this point, you can become experimental and add wired ingredients like soya sauce and oyster sauce:)
11. Serve with rice, bread and sour cream or yogurt.