This is from a recipe book I have. It is a vegetarian chili, and I make it very often. Since the recipe is in German, I am not reading it very carefully.. by now there are a lot of modification I made. I think the most important part is the combination of the spices..
for 24 person
600g chick peas
600g Red linsen
1500g Kidney beans
600g corn (canned)
12 onions, chopped fine
12 stick of celery
3000ml tomato can
600ml red wine
36 tea spoon olive oil
vegetable soup stock
12 tea spoon tomato paste
6 tea spoon honey
3 table spoon chili powder
6 tea spoon paprika powder
6 tea spoon of ginger powder
6 tea spoon of fenchel powder
3 tea spoon of coriander seed
6 fresh chili
10 clove of garlic (chopped)
2 piece fresh ginger (chopped)
salt and pepper
Rice >> cook with rice cooker and serve with chili
1. Chop all the vegetables. Sizes and shapes are up to your preference.
2. Mix the spice mix in a bowl.
3. Take big pot and put it on oven top. Add some olive oil, chopped garlic and ginger. When you start to smell good garlic smell, add onion and cook it until it is transparent.
4. Add spice mix in the pan and stir it good. cook the spice for a while.
5. Add rest of the vegetables and stir.
6. Add canned tomato, beans (you can add the water in the can too), tomato paste, honey and wine.
7. Add some water so that there is enough liquid to cook (if it is already liquidy, you do not have to add water). Add vegetable soup stock.
8. Taste it and add salt and pepper as you like.
9. The timing of adding fresh chili depends on how “hot” you want to make. If you cut it, it will be more spicy as well.
10. It is done when all the vegetables are cooked. Check the taste, and make final adjustment. (at this point, you can become experimental and add wired ingredients like soya sauce and oyster sauce:)
11. Serve with rice, bread and sour cream or yogurt.